Saturday, March 7, 2015

1 a.m. thoughts

I usually go to bed around 9 or 10, cuz I love sleep. But right now, I just got finished watching almost every YouTube video there is associated with Maddie Zielger. She's 12 years old, but she is LITERAL GOALS. If you don't know who she is, she is the one that dances in all of the Sia videos, and she's also on Dance Moms, so there ya go.


Now my eyes are tired and they sting from staring at a super bright screen in a super dark room for 4 hours, my bad. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to turn down my screen-brightness, I found it. So I'm pretty sure I'm not damaging my eyes, that'd be bad.


Right now, I am typing this, while also staring out my window.


I live on a mountain, right above the Traverse Mountain Outlets... and let me tell you... BEST. VIEW.


I promise.


There are so many lights...different colors... and I'm just staring and thinking.


Do you ever look out your window at all of the lights and wonder what's going on where those lights are? Like a house far away, I always wonder if everyone is asleep, or if the whole family is up having a movie-marathon, or if a teenager just barely snuck out, or if parents are fighting, or if someone is getting abused right that second, or even worse.


It freaks me out. I mean, ya, the lights are pretty, but we don't know what's going on beyond them.


It makes me realize that that relates a lot to people.


Just because someone looks pretty, that doesn't mean their life is. You don't know.


Just like staring at a light from far away, but never going to the light and find out where it is and what carries it.... and just like you staring at a person who is smiling and who seems "just fine", so you never go to them. Cuz they don't look like they NEED anyone, or anything, cuz they shine bright... everyone can see them, what else could they need?


The lights you see out your window are people. On the outside, they all look the same, but look deeper.... it's a whole different world.




2 comments:

  1. I really liked the comparison of the lights and people.

    "just because someone is pretty doesn't mean their life is"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the journey. You took us along with you.

    The window, the view, the lights.

    And the concept is true. We don't know what's going on behind the lights. Smart. Good.

    ReplyDelete